The Barrow County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a capable IT Technician to handle day-to-day issues at the Sheriff’s Office and Detention Centers. The position is full time, generally 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday thru Friday, with occasional after-hours work a rotating 24x7x365 on-call schedule.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Under the direct supervision of the IT Manager, performs general information technology support work for the Barrow County Sheriff’s Office. The IT Technician is the primary point of contact for all technology related issues at the Barrow County Sheriff’s Office. An employee in this position will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of all computer workstations and associated software within the Barrow County Sheriff’s Office Administration building and Detention Center as well as mobile units. The IT Technician position is subject to the usual hazards of law enforcement-related work.
• Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• Supplemental Disability Insurance
• 401a Retirement Program
• Paid Holidays
• Annual Leave (sick and vacation leave)
• Opportunity for Advancement within the IT Department
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
• Associates Degree or higher preferred
• At least two years of practical experience in an IT-related field
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Honorable discharge if served in the military (if applicable)
• Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and holidays
• Must successfully complete a background investigation, polygraph exam, psychological exam, and medical screening
• May occasionally be required to lift up to 20 pounds or up to 80 pounds with assistance
A full job description for this position is available here.