The Barrow County Sheriff’s Office Civil/Transport Unit is responsible for the service of Writs of Possession (Eviction) in Barrow County.
- Writs of Possession are scheduled by Sheriff’s Office personnel only, and cannot be scheduled the same day the Writ was signed by the Magistrate Judge. All Writs are scheduled for Monday through Friday at either 10:00 am or 2:00 pm. Writs are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- If the Writ is cancelled by the eviction crew or the attorney’s office, the writ will become invalid and will be returned to the Magistrate Court as “unserved.” Cancellations due to inclement weather may be rescheduled at the discretion of the Sheriff’s Office.
- If the eviction crew fails to appear at the scheduled time, the Writ will become invalid and will be returned to the Magistrate Court as “unserved.” Deputies will wait a maximum of fifteen (15) minutes from the scheduled time for the eviction crew to arrive.
- Removal of the property should be organized so that the eviction can be completed in two (2) hours or less. Deputies DO NOT assist in the physical removal of property. The eviction crew is required to have a labor force large enough to complete the task in the time allotted.
- If the eviction crew enters the premises prior to the Deputy’s arrival, the Writ will become invalid and will be returned to the Magistrate Court as “unserved.”
- Vehicles, boats, and trailers must be towed before the Deputy leaves the premises.
- Any Writs that are returned to the Magistrate Court cannot be rescheduled. You will be required to re-file with the Magistrate Court.
Once obtaining a Writ of Possession (Eviction), contact the Civil/Transport Unit of the Barrow County Sheriff’s Office to schedule a time for service. You can visit our office at:
Barrow County Courthouse
652 Barrow Park Drive
Winder, GA. 30680
Or call us at (770) 307-3080 ext. 3084 or (770) 307-3080 ext. 3121.