From Wednesday, May 08 2013 - 08:00 To Friday, May 10 2013 - 17:00
This Patrol Rifle course is designed for the deputy who is planning tocarry and potentially utilize a patrol rifle. This course will give the deputy the knowledge and techniques to safety arm himself. This course will consist of classroom and range exercises. This class is 24 hours in length and introduces the new 2012 Patrol Rifle course. After successfully completing this course, the deputy will have a basic understanding of the Patrol Rifle, knowledge of how and when to use the rifle, ballistics andthe factors which affect the bullet's flight, and will have demonstratedthe skills necessary to properly use the rifle.
THIS CLASS IS MANDATORY FOR ALL B.C.S.O.PERSONEL THAT HAVE NOT ATTENDED AN APPROVED PATROL RIFLE COURSE AND WISH TO CARRY A PATROL RIFLE.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT for EACH student:
1. Agency issued / approved rifle with iron sights. Optics are optional, recommended, and the deputy must qualify with them. The rifle MUST have a sling (recommend tactical.) An attached light source is highly recommended.
2. Minimum of 3 rifle magazines and magazine carrier.
3. Duty handgun and duty belt with a minimum of 3 pistol magazines.
4. Eye andear protection (Earplugs recommended for cheek weld.)
5. Weapon cleaningequipment (A one-piece coated bore rod or OTIS-type cleaning kit are highly recommended.)